I climbed a mountain today. It wasn’t a very big mountain, and it was more of a hike along a path (hey, there was loose gravel and it was dangerous and stuff, okay?), but still, there was a mountain and I made it to the top.
I’ve been carting around this list of things I want to do (eventually), and thought sharing it with you, friend and/or Internet stranger, might make me more likely to get my ass in gear.
So here, in no particular order, are some things I plan to do:
- upgrade my Spanish to at least passable fluency
- learn to play the violin. First stop, learn to read music. Second stop, buy earplugs for my roommate
- write a book
- tour weird museums in Europe
- run a half marathon (inspired by my friend Breechie Pants, who ran one last fall)
- visit every province/territory
- join a ball hockey team
- volunteer (what/where/when/why tbd)
- spend time doing hospice work in Africa
- go to Poet’s Corner and stay until they kick me out
- take my biz to the next level (with an actual office, although that means actual clothes instead of jammy jams)
- see random places in the U.S. — Texas and New Orleans have this weird draw for me
- sing one song during karaoke that doesn’t sound like I’m murdering cats
- get my M class licence
I’m sure I’ll think of more — and maybe some inspiration will even find its way into the comments section!
2 responses to “Ain’t no mountain high enough”
Where is this? Nice shot!
Thanks! I took it from Diamond Head, facing Waikiki Beach in Oahu, Hawaii. This is actually my favourite shot of the trip (from Hanauma Bay): https://stephnotstephanie.wordpress.com/?attachment_id=1156